- Do I have a job that I will start BEFORE my terminal(transition) leave ends?
- Do I have at least 3 months pay saved for emergencies?
- Where will I live? VERY IMPORTANT if you have a family to consider.
- What about my TSP? Does is carry over to my next job?
- What ADDITIONAL expenses will I incurr? Am I prepared for that?
All important questions to be addressing NOW! Transition from the Military is never easy. Here's why:
- You have been in a secure job market for X number of years.
- As long as you were in the proper uniform, at the right place at the prescribed time you got a check every 2 weeks.
- You aren't up to speed on the availability of jobs wherever you're going.
Let's be real here: ACAP is great! I think that it could be MORE informatively transitional though. All you military folks know there are Federal Government Jobs out there right? But do you know how to get one? Do you know where to start looking?
Well, for starters take a look at this website: http://www.govtjobsecrets.com
This is a website that can help you can actually BECOME a Federal Government Employee. It was created by a former Army NCO turned Federal Employee. There is a cost involved also, albeit minimal considering the amount of information available in the eBook. The website is well put together and asks some questions that get you to thinking pretty hard about your future.
The founder/author of the eBook's name is Mike Simpson. He is a current Federal Employee working at a MAJOR University (of all places) with the ROTC program there.